Skip to main content

How to Get Admission into McGill University?

University of McGill


McGill University is a respected school with a notable reputation for research and academic excellence not only within Canada but also worldwide. The best college admissions consultants agree that getting into McGill is very competitive. As a Canadian high school student, I had already decided McGill University, located in the French-speaking province of Quebec, was my top choice.

Why McGill? The English-language college is ranked 31st in the world and consistently within the top 3 universities in Canada. Besides its exceptional ranking, McGill is in one of the most cosmopolitan and exciting cities in the world, Montreal. Studying at McGill was a no-brainer. But how to get in?

I promptly sought out admissions consulting to get the rundown on how to get into McGill. The university counseling gave me both some good and not-so-good news.

The good news is that colleges like McGill in Quebec don’t require SATs to get in, at least if you’re Canadian or an international student. However, McGill’s college admission team pays special attention to grade averages. The not-so-good news: as I was beginning my last year of high school, it meant buckling down and earning those top grades.

University admissions consultants will tell you that if you hope to get into McGill, you’ll need at least an average of 90% coming out of high school. Undergraduate students entering McGill have the highest averages of any school in the country.

Admission experts could also confirm that I only needed English as a core course, as I was applying to the Faculty of Arts because I wanted to major in political science. I was relieved because I was terrible at math and science, and in the province of Ontario, where I went to high school, I could opt out of these classes if I didn’t think I’d need them.

At last, I obtained a 91% average, and along with a couple of extracurricular activities recommended by the college admissions counselor, I expected to get accepted. All I had to do was keep up my grades, and I’d be living in Montreal, attending McGill University in less than six months.

With my goal set, I worked hard to maintain my grades. In the spring, an envelope came in the mail from McGill. They officially accepted me. Thanks to college counseling, there had always been a direct path for me to get into McGill. Once I got there, I was thrilled to have studied so tirelessly because living in Montreal and going to McGill for the next four years was a dream come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My College Application Essay Got Me Into Stanford University

The college application essay: it’s probably the #1 biggest hurdle facing a high schooler applying to college. At least, it was for me. I wrote and rewrote my essay fifty times over, adding and then deleting whole paragraphs as often as I changed clothes. Every day it felt like I was approaching a different beast… and I didn’t even have a college admissions consultant to help me! How I tacked the college application essay: What I ended up with was more of a story than an essay. It was the story of how I taught myself to code. I taught myself to code computer games – mostly because I liked to play things like Super Mario Bros. and I wanted to design my own levels. But I told it like a story. I explained how I took the task in front of me, and broke it down. I conquered small parts. I made many side projects that also contributed to my knowledge of coding – before I designed my capstone project: my own version of The Legend of Zelda. I got lucky; I did what a college admissions consultan

10 Most Common UK & US Visa Rejection Reasons 2021

Avoid these Mistakes while Applying for a UK and US Visa. Visa application is one of the dream come true for many of us and a single mistake can lead it to the rejection. Therefore it is better to understand the common mistakes that are carried out again and again. Read carefully and apply with mistake free form. 1. Mistakes in Application Form Fill your form correctly, review twice and get it checked with someone who has gone through the process or your consultant. 2. Sudden Large Deposits Avoid huge deposits in a short time, maintain your account balance in advance to justify the large amount of deposits. 3. Visa Category Choose it wisely, consult to avoid refusal. 4. Missing Document Re-check and verify your documents and submit them in time. 5. Previous Immigration History Non disclosing previous immigration can lead you to the visa rejection. 6. Document Format Provide documents in a prescribed format as per the requirements of the Home office. 7. Incorrect Documents Always provid

7 Benefits of Online Learning

Unlike the classic way of learning - chalkboard, whiteboards, and having notes on your notebook, modern technology-driven learning is more effective. The continuous research and development have made the process more interactive, engaging so that learners can understand the core concept and its applications with ease in less time. eLearning boasts 3D videos, models, and simulations and in the future, you can see AR, VR, AI & Machine Learning doing great in teaching. Here are the 7 benefits of eLearning: 1. Cost-effective eLearning platforms offer courses at a very cost-effective price. Learn from the best professionals in your budget. 2. Time-Saving It saves your commute time, just switches on your PC/Laptop and log in to your online learning platform. 3. Flexible Unlike offline learning classes, where you have given your time slot, you have the freedom to choose your slot, learn at your pace, learn at your time. 4. Scalable Online courses are easy to update and modify according to