Skip to main content

The Importance of a Well-Constructed Personal Essay for Harvard University Admission


Do you know that the rate of acceptance of Harvard admission has nosedived geometrically in recent years?

During my first trial of seeking admission at Harvard University, I was not sure whether my application would be considered even though my SAT score was excellent. Little did I know that my chance of being considered for admission was slim. The reason was obvious that my personal admission essay was not good enough. Checkout - Online SAT preparation and tutoring.

Most likely because it was not personal enough. If you are an applicant seeking admission into Harvard University, to increase your chance of securing a seat at Harvard University, your personal admission essay must be outstanding enough to give you an edge. This is why the importance of an excellently constructed essay cannot be overemphasized. 

Before sending your personal admission essay to the admission office at Harvard University, you must ensure that your written personal admission essay must be wholly premium in content. 

To effectively write a compelling personal admission essay, an applicant must eliminate every unnecessary gibberish. It is more advisable to use the storytelling method. Your story does not have to be a Hollywood story. A simple and genuine story will do a great deal of work. 

Whatever story you are writing about must be emotional enough to connect with your reader. The opening sentence and paragraph must be electrifying enough to hold the reader glue to the end. Your personal admission must carry an aroma of creativity. 

You do not need to rumble words together. Straightforwardness is the key. You must also arrange every word and sentence to ensure coherence and linkage. You must also put into consideration and obey all grammatical rules. 

You must also avoid the use of slang and cliches in your personal admission essay. You do not necessarily need to portray to your reader that you know everything. Say it as it is. Sometimes, your story may have a complicated ending, tempting you to make up an interesting end that is untrue. Resist the temptation to do so, as you may unknowingly be shooting yourself in the leg.

In your personal admission essay, ensure that precision is married with credibility. Every word and sentence used must be personal and original. Avoid plagiarism of any kind. This can be a huge turn-off in your personal admission essay.

The stories used must be able to unlock your intentions and purpose for seeking admission. Since the admission process at Harvard University is highly competitive, an in-depth, rich, and intellectual personal admission would give you an edge. You must strive to ensure that your personal admission essay is not watery. In other words, it must be well-detailed and meticulously written.

Your personal admission essay must showcase a passion and a purpose. Resist the temptation of making your personal admission essay to be intentionally poetic. 

Most importantly, your personal admission essay must be about a significant change or improvement you hope to see in society. A change that you are passionate about. A change you can propel in society.

Securing admission in Harvard was my goal and Helppo team guided me very well. I would recommend you to consult a well known and experienced university admission consultant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My College Application Essay Got Me Into Stanford University

The college application essay: it’s probably the #1 biggest hurdle facing a high schooler applying to college. At least, it was for me. I wrote and rewrote my essay fifty times over, adding and then deleting whole paragraphs as often as I changed clothes. Every day it felt like I was approaching a different beast… and I didn’t even have a college admissions consultant to help me! How I tacked the college application essay: What I ended up with was more of a story than an essay. It was the story of how I taught myself to code. I taught myself to code computer games – mostly because I liked to play things like Super Mario Bros. and I wanted to design my own levels. But I told it like a story. I explained how I took the task in front of me, and broke it down. I conquered small parts. I made many side projects that also contributed to my knowledge of coding – before I designed my capstone project: my own version of The Legend of Zelda. I got lucky; I did what a college admissions consultan

7 Benefits of Online Learning

Unlike the classic way of learning - chalkboard, whiteboards, and having notes on your notebook, modern technology-driven learning is more effective. The continuous research and development have made the process more interactive, engaging so that learners can understand the core concept and its applications with ease in less time. eLearning boasts 3D videos, models, and simulations and in the future, you can see AR, VR, AI & Machine Learning doing great in teaching. Here are the 7 benefits of eLearning: 1. Cost-effective eLearning platforms offer courses at a very cost-effective price. Learn from the best professionals in your budget. 2. Time-Saving It saves your commute time, just switches on your PC/Laptop and log in to your online learning platform. 3. Flexible Unlike offline learning classes, where you have given your time slot, you have the freedom to choose your slot, learn at your pace, learn at your time. 4. Scalable Online courses are easy to update and modify according to

10 Most Common UK & US Visa Rejection Reasons 2021

Avoid these Mistakes while Applying for a UK and US Visa. Visa application is one of the dream come true for many of us and a single mistake can lead it to the rejection. Therefore it is better to understand the common mistakes that are carried out again and again. Read carefully and apply with mistake free form. 1. Mistakes in Application Form Fill your form correctly, review twice and get it checked with someone who has gone through the process or your consultant. 2. Sudden Large Deposits Avoid huge deposits in a short time, maintain your account balance in advance to justify the large amount of deposits. 3. Visa Category Choose it wisely, consult to avoid refusal. 4. Missing Document Re-check and verify your documents and submit them in time. 5. Previous Immigration History Non disclosing previous immigration can lead you to the visa rejection. 6. Document Format Provide documents in a prescribed format as per the requirements of the Home office. 7. Incorrect Documents Always provid